“People often ask me how it is that I seem to be so much at peace. There is a primary reason — and it is available to all who wish to have it. Here’s a simple prerequisite to attaining peace at that level. I invite you to observe the beasts, birds and fish and let them teach you. Let this be a daily routine and life, as you know it, will never be the same.”
– Eddie Bo

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day 120 - Nothing To Report

This morning I headed out to the San Marcos Foothills Preserve.  There was a Yellow-breasted Chat there last spring and summer, and I was hoping that perhaps it returned.  A bit of a long shot, and perhaps too early, but worth a try.  (Also I could ride up some hills on the way there)

Well, as you may have guessed there was no Chat to be found.  I did have an enjoyable stroll and liked to see the Wrentits, Orange-crowned Warblers, and California Towhees feeding their young.

After my stroll there I headed out to Goleta Beach, for no particular reason other than I had not been there in awhile.  I did not expect to find anything new there and was not disappointed in this assumption - In fact there were surprisingly few birds around at all.

It has been about 2 weeks since I had an outing without a new bird so I am not terribly disappointed.  Perhaps something interesting will turn up tomorrow!

A few photos from today:

Black-chinned Hummingbird (male)

Western Grebe

Gadwall (male)

Caspian Tern

After today the year's total still stands at 223. 

Today I rode a total of 24.7 miles

More later,
Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment