“People often ask me how it is that I seem to be so much at peace. There is a primary reason — and it is available to all who wish to have it. Here’s a simple prerequisite to attaining peace at that level. I invite you to observe the beasts, birds and fish and let them teach you. Let this be a daily routine and life, as you know it, will never be the same.”
– Eddie Bo

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Day 100 - Elings Park

This afternoon I had a brief opportunity to head out and look for birds.  I went over to nearby Elings Park, where just this morning a Lazuli Bunting (a new migrant) was reported.

It was rather quiet there bird-wise, which is not so unexpected in the middle of the day.  There were a good variety of swallows and a flyby Cooper's Hawk, but no Buntings Lazuli or otherwise.

I was surprised at how dry the grass there was already - the drought really is making things hard for the natural world around here.

During my brief time there I did not manage any photos.  Not an impressive outing but it has been quite a good week for birds so I am not complaining!

After today the year's total still stands at 206. 

Today I rode a total of 2.9 miles

More later,
Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment