“People often ask me how it is that I seem to be so much at peace. There is a primary reason — and it is available to all who wish to have it. Here’s a simple prerequisite to attaining peace at that level. I invite you to observe the beasts, birds and fish and let them teach you. Let this be a daily routine and life, as you know it, will never be the same.”
– Eddie Bo

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Day 262 - Missed Opportunities

Today I had a commitment that ran form 830AM to 2PM.  This was bad timing.  It is a Saturday during fall migration.  Lots of talented and experienced birders are combing the local hotspots for unusual migrants.  They found some.  

It was quite agonizing to watch the email reports come in.  Blackpoll Warbler.  Tennessee Warbler.  Chestnut-sided Warbler.  Prothonatory Warbler (awe-inspiring looks).  Ouch.

By the time I arrived home it was mid afternoon and 90 degrees.  And I had to change out a tire.  I was going nowhere.

Hopefully I can catch up with some of these migrants tomorrow.  I'll be at it bright and early!

More later,
Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment