“People often ask me how it is that I seem to be so much at peace. There is a primary reason — and it is available to all who wish to have it. Here’s a simple prerequisite to attaining peace at that level. I invite you to observe the beasts, birds and fish and let them teach you. Let this be a daily routine and life, as you know it, will never be the same.”
– Eddie Bo

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Day 243 - A Quick Visit To The Beach

Lately the tide has been rather high during the day, but today there was a low tide around 6PM so I made a quick jaunt down to Shoreline Park and the Harbor hoping to see some shorebirds.  There have been a few reports of a Black Oystercatcher around, and this would be a great bird to see - I have not seen one on the mainland in Santa Barbara County, only at the Channel Islands.

Unfortunately for the birds lots of people had also figured out it would be low tide so there were far more people than birds on the beach.  I also made a quick stop at the harbor breakwater.  The most interesting thing that I saw there were 5 Black Turnstones.  They were more interested in feeding than posing for pictures.


Black Turnstone

After today the year's total still stands at 242. 

Today I rode a total of 6.9 miles

More later,
Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment