“People often ask me how it is that I seem to be so much at peace. There is a primary reason — and it is available to all who wish to have it. Here’s a simple prerequisite to attaining peace at that level. I invite you to observe the beasts, birds and fish and let them teach you. Let this be a daily routine and life, as you know it, will never be the same.”
– Eddie Bo

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Day 252 - Refugio State Beach

This morning I headed out to Refugio Beach State Park.  I wanted to get in a longer ride for fitness, and this spot has some fresh water and has a history of attracting some good migrants.  I got an early start as it was predicted to be very hot today.

After a pleasant ride and arrived at the park a little before 8AM.  I spent a good amount of time watching birds come down to the creek for a drink and a bath.  There was a good steady stream of birds, some migrants, but nothing unexpected.  It's a little early in the season for warbler migrants but one never knows when that unusual bird is going to show up.

The most interesting bird of the morning was out on the ocean, where I saw a rather disheveled looking Common Murre very close to the shore.  Not sure what the problem was, but I suspect there was one or this bird would not be found so close to the beach.

A few photos from this morning:

Song Sparrow

Common Murre

Osprey

After today the year's total still stands at 243. 

Today I rode a total of 52.1 miles

More later,
Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment