“People often ask me how it is that I seem to be so much at peace. There is a primary reason — and it is available to all who wish to have it. Here’s a simple prerequisite to attaining peace at that level. I invite you to observe the beasts, birds and fish and let them teach you. Let this be a daily routine and life, as you know it, will never be the same.”
– Eddie Bo

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day 71 - Yard Bird!

Early this afternoon I stepped outside the house and heard the "wheep" call of a Hooded Oriole.  It was coming from waaaay up in the Redwood Tree.  After a little searching I was able to locate the handsome bird, and obtain a couple of horrible photos, pretty much directly into the sunlight.  It flew away, and as it turns out there was another one way up there too.

So I rode all over Goleta for two days hoping to see one of the early arriving Hooded Orioles, only to find one right in my own front yard!  It has been a long time since I added a yard bird to the year's list.  I would not be opposed to a few more of those!

A photo from today, and a nice one taken last spring.


World's worst Hooded Oriole Photo?

Hooded Oriole, Santa Barbara March 2014

After the addition of today's 1 species, the year's total stands at 187. 

Today I rode a total of 0 miles!

More later,
Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment