“People often ask me how it is that I seem to be so much at peace. There is a primary reason — and it is available to all who wish to have it. Here’s a simple prerequisite to attaining peace at that level. I invite you to observe the beasts, birds and fish and let them teach you. Let this be a daily routine and life, as you know it, will never be the same.”
– Eddie Bo

Friday, December 4, 2015

Day 338 - Santa Barbara Harbor

This morning I had a brief window of opportunity so I headed down to the Santa Barbara Harbor.  There was a report yesterday morning of a Long-tailed Duck in the area.  This would be a nice bird to catch up with.  I have only seen one before, a few winters ago at Goleta Beach.

Things were fairly quiet at the harbor.  A few Surf Scoters, but none of the more unusual Scoters to be found.  There were a few loons, and the most interesting bird I could muster up was a Horned Grebe.

Needless to say there were no Long-tailed Ducks to be found.  All in all a pleasant, somewhat chilly, and brief outing.

In other news, there has been a Townsend's Solitaire seen in Vermont, bringing their total to 275 for the year.

My schedule is a bit busy for the next few days.  I am hoping to get up to the Santa Ynez Valley next week, there are some birds up there I need to catch up with, and the calendar is ticking down ...

After today the year's total still stands at 280

The Score: Vermont 275, Green Big Year 280

Today I rode a total of 9.7 miles

More later,
Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment