“People often ask me how it is that I seem to be so much at peace. There is a primary reason — and it is available to all who wish to have it. Here’s a simple prerequisite to attaining peace at that level. I invite you to observe the beasts, birds and fish and let them teach you. Let this be a daily routine and life, as you know it, will never be the same.”
– Eddie Bo

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Day 241 - A Quiet Morning

Nothing to see here - move along, move along.  That seemed to be the theme this morning as I visited coastal sites near and west of UCSB.

Although I got and early start there was little bird activity wherever I went.  It almost seemed that the birds had seen the weather report calling for a scorching day and were already hunkered down trying to stay cool.

Frankly, I was happy to be heading home by 9:30, it was already quite warm!


A few photos from this morning:

Ruddy Duck - male

Western Bluebird - not so blue from this angle!

Black-crowned Night Heron - Immature

After today the year's total still stands at 241. 

Today I rode a total of 26.5 miles

More later,
Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment