“People often ask me how it is that I seem to be so much at peace. There is a primary reason — and it is available to all who wish to have it. Here’s a simple prerequisite to attaining peace at that level. I invite you to observe the beasts, birds and fish and let them teach you. Let this be a daily routine and life, as you know it, will never be the same.”
– Eddie Bo

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Day 55 - Three Strikes

I had a little time this morning so headed back to the San Marcos Foothill Preserve to see the Townsend's Solitaire - third try.  I even got specific directions from Mark Holmgren who has seen the bird there twice in the past week.

I visually scoured a very local area for an hour with no sign of the bird.  Three strikes and I am out.  Unless the bird hangs around for a long time and I have nothing else to chase I am done looking for it.  I think time is better spent tracking down other birds.

Can't win them all.

After the today the year's total still stands at 178. 

Today I rode 11.5 miles

More later,
Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment