“People often ask me how it is that I seem to be so much at peace. There is a primary reason — and it is available to all who wish to have it. Here’s a simple prerequisite to attaining peace at that level. I invite you to observe the beasts, birds and fish and let them teach you. Let this be a daily routine and life, as you know it, will never be the same.”
– Eddie Bo

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Day 157 - Carpinteria Bluffs

This morning I headed down to the Carpinteria Bluffs.  There was another report of a Black Oystercatcher there this week.  This would be a really nice bird to find.  There are enough reports from this spot that I am sure if I visit there enough times I will finally see one.

This did not happen today - no Oystercatchers around.  It was actually very quiet bird-wise.  My consolation was an up close and personal visit with the resident Roadrunner.  It was cooing softly, perhaps looking for a mate?  I believe it was a little confused, as it appeared to be answering the barks of the seals out in the ocean.

Some Greater Roadrunner photos from today:




After today the year's total still stands at 229. 

Today I rode a total of 34.4 miles

More later,
Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment